K.I.S.S My 'GOSH' Banana cake!
Keep your mind out of the gutter. This is a family friendly blog!
K.I.S.S is an age old acronym for Keep it Simple Stupid, or for the more PC minded among us, Keep It Simple Sunshine. As is often the case, simplicity is what we all should be aiming for, but unfortunately can be the hardest to achieve. Whether it be from outside influences or just that we have this inherent need to over complicate!?
Today I am doing my bit for Global Overarching Simplification of Hospitality (aka GOSH) and knocking up the simplest of Banana Cakes.
My GOSH Banana Cake Recipe - You're Welcome!
300g unsalted butter
1 1/2 c caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
2 eggs, large
4 bananas, ripe
3 c self raising flour
1/2 c whole milk
*pre heat oven to 170 degrees C.
1. Melt the butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a saucepan or micro.
2. Add mashed bananas and combine.
3. lightly beat the eggs and add to mixture with the flour , salt, cinnamon and milk.
4. Line a 20 cm x 20 cm baking tray with silicon paper and spoon mixture in until evenly distributed.
5. Bake at 170 degrees C for 40 minutes.
* you can add Dwarf figs or Dates if desired.